Mai Huynh is a Master’s student in the Industrial/Orga
This year, the Wasserman Center is making an active effort to connect with graduate students by introducing them to its resources right when they first arrive on campus. On August 28th, the Wasserman Center hosted a Graduate Student Welcome Reception filled with lots of food and information. The idea for the welcome reception came from the creative brainstorming efforts of the Wasserman Graduate Student Advisory Board, a group of student representatives doing the NYU graduate community proud by coming up with amazing ways to professionally develop students.
Over 180 graduates from GSAS, Steinhart, Nursing, School of Professional Studies, and Polytechnic School of Engineering (to name a few) participated in the event. They heard from Richard Orbe-Austin, the new Director of Graduate Student Career Development and learned about how to schedule a career coaching appointment, register for on-campus recruitment (OCR), and sign up for career seminars and events.
During the session, graduate students were given an opportunity to network with their peers and discuss the different roles they play in their life, such as graduate student, son/daughter, city-dweller, etc. The reception concluded with a guided tour of Wasserman’s facilities. Students were ecstatic to find out where they could grab some free coffee. Overall, it was a great day and fantastic way to spread the word about what Wasserman can do for graduate students.
Are you a graduate student at NYU? Take these steps to get connected with our office:
- Sign up for the Wasserman Graduate Student e-newsletter to stay on top of events and information. Log into your NYU CareerNet profile and click on My Account -> Notifications/Privacy and select the Graduate Students e-newsletter.
- RSVP to these upcoming graduate student offerings:
- Ins and Outs of LinkedIn | Sept 16 | 12:30-1:30 pm
- Marketing Your Master’s Degree | Sept 30 | 4-5 pm
- The Academic Job Interview | Oct 2 | 2-3:30 pm
- Graduate Networking Series: Consulting & Management | Oct 8 | 5:30-7 pm
- Salary Negotiation | Oct 21 | 12:30-1:30 pm
- Graduate Networking Series: Technology & Big Data | Nov 12 | 3-4:30 pm
- Resumes for Masters Students, CVs for Academic Jobs, and Acing the Interview for Masters Students are also offered regularly – check NYU CareerNet for dates and times.